People across west-central Illinois have been dealing with the effects of the recent flooding. While many of our communities have already started to clean up and return to normal, much of the region is still under water or are about to see more flooding.
I would like to take this opportunity to pass along some helpful information and resources.
UPDATE 11:11 a.m. 4-24-2013: For local disaster relief contact information please visit IEMA's website and click on the map of your county.
- If you're in immediate need of shelter, you can look up a Red Cross shelter near you or call the American Red Cross at 1-800-733-2767.
- For power outages or electrical issues, go to Ameren.com or call 1-800-755-5000 or contact your local provider.
- For a full list of road closures, visit the Illinois Department of Transportation website.
- For advice about flood recovery and clean up, visit ready.gov/floods or download this guide from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- For advice about filing an insurance claim, visit floodsmart.gov.
- For additional flood updates and safety information, visit Illinois.gov/ready.
- If you’d like to help with the flood relief efforts, visit Illinois.gov/ready for volunteer information.
Below are links for up-to-date information on the ongoing flooding issues:
The Illinois Emergency Management Agency is one of the best resources for weather and flood updates. Click here for IEMA's site and contact information or call 217-782-0922
National Weather Service/NOAA
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association provides up-to-date information on flooding and forecasting for future floods.
The American Red Cross
Below is the hotline for the Red Cross, they can provide additional emergency support and disaster relief resources.
- 1-800-Red-Cross (1-800-733-2767)
Likewise, please contact my office if you have additional concerns or issues.
State Senator, 47th District